Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Halloween: Enchantress

So, Anais wanted to be Enchantress for Halloween - a villain from the Thor mythology (who also made an appearance on Super Hero Squad - which is where she saw her first). The challenge? A 4T size bustier!


I found a princess seam leotard by Jalie pattern for the top, but I omitted the attached bottom (and the tutu of course). I used clear elastic for the straps. I had to make a lot of adjustments though - it was way too large even though I made a small size - so I cut out almost 2 panels from the back in the end... but I think I was a little over-zealous in the adjusting or the top was just a hair too short, because it did tend to ride up a bit. Perhaps it was because I omitted the attached bottom. I did add a high waistband to the pants which helped hide the tummy.

I had more elaborate plans for the headpiece, but in the end ran out of time. So I just cut from heavy, stiff felt and then added satin on the top. Oh well, she was quite happy with the outcome regardless. 




No comments:

Post a Comment