Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Glance Back

I started sewing a few years ago, and it quickly became a passion... well, obsession, really. So, since I have to start somewhere with this blog,  I will share some of my favorite things I've sewn in the past few years.

My Frida dress... well my daughter's. The pattern is by the Frida Dress by ModKid. The fabric is a Frida Kahlo fabric that I just absolutely LOVE. I believe it is by Alexander Henry. I wish I had splurged on more than a yard. A mistake I often made when I first started buying fabric.


I had a hard time getting a good photo of the entire dress. She sat down and I didn't get a good view as full length. Ah well. The pattern went together well, though. I've only sewn 2 ModKid patterns, but both were easy to follow, good photographs and directions, and a nicely designed dress. I chose to cap the sleeve, as I think the un-elasticized version juts out a little too dramatically. I was happy with the way it turned out, so happy with my decision. The dress is roomy too - so she's grown and it still fits.


No comments:

Post a Comment